shortcutNov 15, 2018
Shalmont Central School District
District HomeAbout UsContact UsDirectionsA to Z IndexDirectory

food services

News border

free and reduced-price School meals/milk

Children from households that meet federal income guidelines are eligible for free or reduced price meals.

To apply for free or reduced-price meals, submit a Direct Certification letter from the New York State Office of Temporary and Disability Assistance OR complete the Free and Reduced Lunch Application below, sign it, and return it to Renee Heller at the District Office at 4 Sabre Drive, Schenectady, NY 12306, school as soon as possible.

If you have a foster child in your household, you may include them on your application. A separate application is no longer needed. Ensure that all information is provided. Failure to do so may result in denial of benefits for your child or unnecessary delay in approving your application.

Questions? Contact Food Services Director Renee Heller at (518) 355-9200, ext. 4020.

Nondiscrimination Statment

In accordance with Federal civil rights law and U.S. Department of Agriculture
(USDA) civil rights regulations and policies, the USDA, its Agencies, offices, and
employees, and institutions participating in or administering USDA programs are
prohibited from discriminating based on race, color, national origin, sex, disability,
age, or reprisal or retaliation for prior civil rights activity in any program or
activity conducted or funded by USDA.

Persons with disabilities who require alternative means of communication for
program information (e.g. Braille, large print, audiotape, American Sign Language,
etc.), should contact the Agency (State or local) where they applied for benefits.
Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing or have speech disabilities may contact
USDA through the Federal Relay Service at (800) 877-8339. Additionally, program
information may be made available in languages other than English.

To file a program complaint of discrimination, complete the USDA Program
Discrimination Complaint Form, (AD-3027) found online at:, and at any USDA office, or
write a letter addressed to USDA and provide in the letter all of the information
requested in the form. To request a copy of the complaint form, call (866) 632-9992.
Submit your completed form or letter to USDA by:

  • (1) mail: U.S. Department of Agriculture
    Office of the Assistant Secretary for Civil Rights
    1400 Independence Avenue, SW
    This institution is an equal opportunity provider.
    Washington, D.C. 20250-9410;
  • (2) fax: (202) 690-7442; or
  • (3) email:

This institution is an equal opportunity provider.