Terms and Conditions
By checking the appropriate box on the Community News e-Backpack
Form, you are indicating you have read the following terms and
conditions related to Schalmont's
Community News e-Backpack page:
- Submissions for the page will only be accepted through
the Web-based "Community Announcements" form. No faxes, phone
calls, hard copies or e-mails will be accepted.
- Submissions must be 150 words or less. Only PDF
documents will be accepted as attachments.
- All fields must be completed on the Web-based "Community News
E-Backpack" form. Incomplete submissions will not be posted.
- Community organizations must provide a valid contact e-mail
address, phone number or website to accompany their announcement.
The last sentence of each announcement will be "Contact [e-mail,
phone or website address] for more information." Submissions with
missing or invalid contact information will not be posted.
- Announcements must advertise recreational and
educational activities and programs that benefit children within
the school community. These activities, events and
programs must take place within school district boundaries to be
considered for publication. Notices of a political,
subversive, religious, or secret/fraternal nature will not be
- The Superintendent of Schools reserves the right to withdraw
approval of material from any source if it is determined that
distribution would undermine the intent of this service or cause
disruption to the educational program.
- Whenever possible, announcements should be submitted at
least one week in advance of the requested publishing date.
Requests made within a week of the requested publishing date are
not guaranteed to be posted.
- Community organizations submitting an announcement must
indicate they have read the terms and conditions of this service.