Located 15 miles west of Albany, the state's capital, and 160
miles north of New York City, Schalmont is located in a community of
about 8,000 residents, covering 75 square miles in the towns of
Rotterdam, Duanesburg, Guilderland, Florida and Princetown.
Diverse residential opportunities are available in the area,
ranging from rural to city living, all while being within close
proximity to premiere shopping centers and cultural venues.
Living in the Capital Region, Schalmont Community and Beyond
- The Capital Region is truly a gateway to the Northeast,
located within three hours of New York City, Boston and Montreal,
and an hour and a half from the majestic Adirondack Mountains and
- The Schalmont community is in close proximity to the New
York State Capitol and state government buildings, including the
New York State Museum and the Empire State Performing Arts Center.
- Schalmont is approximately 40 minutes from historic
Saratoga Springs, with its horseracing, health spas, and summer
performances by the New York City Ballet and the Philadelphia
- In nearby Schenectady, Proctor's Theatre offers the best in
off-broadway productions while the downtown area offers a variety
of unique shops and world-class restaurants.
- There are abundant opportunities for outdoor recreational
activities, such as hiking, skiing, biking, tennis, golf, swimming
- The area is rich in higher education resources, such as Union
College, the University at Albany, including the College of
Nanoscale Science and Engineering, Skidmore College, Rensselaer
Polytechnic Institute, Russell Sage College, Siena College, the
College of Saint Rose, Albany Law School, Albany Medical College
and several community colleges.
- The area is home to a growing cluster of high-tech research
and manufacturing firms, including International Sematech, Tokyo
Electron Ltd., and Advanced Micro Devices. Internationally famous
General Electric and SI Group North America are both located in